Cloudveil Black Ice Bib

Freakin' outstanding piece of gear. It's a real shame…

Fabric: Schoeller Dryskin Extreme?
Fill: none

Freakin' outstanding piece of gear. It's a real shame they don't make these any more. I love mine. Love mine. Love mine. I repeat. I love mine. I wish I could buy a second pair as a backup in case I ever trash these.

Full coverage bibs made pretty much entirely from some kind of Schoeller stretch dryskin fabric. Several well-conceived pockets. Leg zips extending to a rainbow system at the rear. Basic gaiter design at the ankle works perfectly with ski boots. But, is also not so bulky that you can't also wear them with climbing boots and full gaiters for winter climbing.

These offer exactly the best kind of protection for skiing and mountaineering in anything but a full-on rain storm. They are not water proof (soft shell) but they are very water resistant, offer great wind protection, and are much more breathable than a hard shell bib.

Worn over a one-piece powerstretch fleece bib, I am warm, dry and comfortable and moving unrestricted with nothing bunching around my midsection. Bibs rule.

Fit and finish, sewing, etc. - quality is fantastic. Very well made.

I can't recommend these highly enough. If you can find a pair somewhere get them.

If you've owned or used a Cloudveil Black Ice Bib, please share your experience.

Cloudveil Black Ice Bib

The Black Ice Bib has been discontinued.

The Cloudveil Black Ice Bib is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 7, 2007 at Sierra Trading Post.

If you're looking for a new soft shell pant, check out the best reviewed current models.