Cloudveil Down Patrol Jacket

A+++. I bought this jacket at a local dealer during…

Fill: Down

A+++. I bought this jacket at a local dealer during a summer sale. Paying only $160 for it I feel like I got a steal.

I've had many down jackets but none with this level of protection. The full jacket, neck, and hood is packed with down. I'm an avid snowshoer and winter hiker and this coat keeps me warm and dry. I have had trouble in the past staying out in the cold for long periods of time from losing too much heat from my neck and head. This jacket's down filled collar and hood completely eliminate that problem. Throwing a thin fleece hat and a good baselayer underneath is vital to reap full benefits.

I would recommend this coat to anyone who is going to be in severely cold, windy weather and wants to wear as few layers as possible. A down jacket that is not windproof does absolutely nothing if it is below zero wind!!!!

I also feel that the jacket is cut extremely well and I like the way it looks!

Visit Cloudveil's Women's Down Patrol Jacket page.

At Cloudveil, find men’s Down Patrol Jackets and other winter gear to help keep you warm.

- Cloudveil refers to the men's version

Even single-digit days in zones such as Jackson, Silverton and Banff are no match for the lofted warmth of the Cloudveil Down Patrol Jacket. 650-fill, 90-plus-purity stuffing retains heat longer, while Gore-Tex Windstopper shell fabric feels soft and mobile when lapping run after run. Mesh-lined pit vents dump heat, a pow skirt zips out for trips to town and an internal pocket stashes wallets or keys. The long cut prevents updrafts on cold, smoky days.

- CampSaver.com refers to the men's version

Whether or not you're willing to get up at 3 a.m., the Cloudveil Down Patrol Jacket is ready keep you warm as you seek out more fresh turns.

- Backcountry.com refers to the men's version

The Integral Designs SilTarp 3 is a 10 ft x 12 ft rectangular tarp made from ultralight waterproof nylon. Designed for adventure racers that need an extremely lightweight and versatile tarp to protect them from the elements, the Siltarp 3 will protect 4 - 5 in 120sq ft. (11 sq m) of space. It can be setup as a semi-enclosed, modified, A-frame or be a wind/rain shelter for larger group. The possibilities are limitless for the different ways that you can setup a Siltarp3. Integral Designs SilTarp 3 Specifications: Length: 10 ft (3m)

- OMCgear refers to the men's version

Cloudveil Down Patrol Jacket

$375.00 (women's)

The Cloudveil Down Patrol Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 5, 2013 at CampSaver.com.

If you're looking for a new down insulated jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.