Cloudveil Serendipity Jacket

I wear this thing everyday. On the hottest summer…

Fabric: Scholer Dryskin
Price Paid: $180 (sale)

I wear this thing everyday. On the hottest summer days, I take it to the beach with me instead of a sweatshirt. On the coldest winter days, I wear it snowboarding or climbing. I even look pretty cool with it on at the bars.

The closest thing to a downside is that really heavy rain or wet snow will eventually come through. When I expect these conditions (or don't know what to expect), I take along my cheap Helly Hansen rain coat and throw it on over the Serendipity. The cheap rain protection doesn't breath, but the Serendipity's water resistance does ok with what I sweat into the space between the layers.

All in all, this is the best option for versatility. It's also nice to support a small company instead of a giant that puts bells and whistles on gore-tex to appeal to the same group that buys $45,000 SUVs to drive around the 'burbs.

This jacket is the most versitile piece of equipment…

Fabric: Scholer Dryskin

This jacket is the most versitile piece of equipment I have ever purchased. Light, strechy and almost wind and waterproof, the ultimate climbing and riding jacket. I have used it in the Olympics and snow boarding @ Crystal Mountain and have not had any problems. Layer well underneath, like Powerstrech or Dryflow, and just go. Large Napoleon pockets pull double duty as core vents and work better than pit zips. I have yet to see a jacket like this from TNF, Marmot, or even Mountain Hardware. Cloudveil has definately made a nich for itself. Definately worth the money. Hey, it's even made in the USA!

After reading all the nice reviews about this jacket,…

Fabric: Schoeller Dryskin
Price Paid: 200

After reading all the nice reviews about this jacket, I decided to get myself one. However, I was very disappointed at the craftsmanship. The label says it's made in Canada, but the stitchings are so poor that I thought the jacket was some TNF jacket made in Bangladash. I'm not trying to insult the Canadian craftsmanship. I own an Arc'Teryx Theta AR that's made in Canada, and I think that it's the most well made jacket I've seen.

The fabric is nice and stretchy though, except I'd probably instead try to get the Arc'Teryx Gamma SL made of the same material.

rated 4.00 of 5 stars All Serendipity Jacket versions

In addition to the 3 men's reviews above, there are 2 reviews for other versions of the Serendipity Jacket. Read all reviews »

If you've owned or used a Cloudveil Men's Serendipity Jacket, please share your experience.

Cloudveil Men's Serendipity Jacket

The Cloudveil Men's Serendipity Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 5, 2013 at CampSaver.com.

If you're looking for a new soft shell jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.