Crazy Creek LongBack Chair

Crazy Creek LongBack Chair perfect for both a sleeping…

Summary

Crazy Creek LongBack Chair perfect for both a sleeping cushion and welcome luxury of chair/rocking chair after a hike. Works well strapped to my Osprey Atmos 65.

Pros

• Adjustable so you get good balance
  • Can be used as a rocking chair (a real trail luxury!)
  • Makes a great lightweight sleeping cushion too
  • Carry pouch in it great for the hike-out trash/wet gear

Cons

• Wish it had a lanyard or some attachment loops on side
  • Carry pocket gets tangled in velcro

I bought this Crazy Creek Long Back Chair for beach and concerts. But after using on the beach a lot, I realized it makes a great cushion. After some fussing with a couple sizes of caribiners and tie-ons, I found it was easy to attach to my Osprey Atmos backpack.

And ... WOW ... the luxury of having a chair at the end of the hike! And one that can work as a gentle rocking chair ... no other hiker can sneer at that luxury later on when it makes your great sleeping cushion. A perfect 2-for-1.

I read other online reviews carping that the side straps for the Crazy Creek Long Back Chair don't adjust/tear easy, etc. I do recommend testing the optimal tightness for the side straps so you get good back support/comfort. But, unless you're 250lbs or more, I can't imagine breaking this thing in regular properly-adjusted use. I am 160, a friend of mine is 180-190, and it worked great.

Here are pictures of it on my Osprey:

image.jpg

And I can even fit my Osprey rain fly over it:

image.jpg

The Crazy Creek LongBack chair is 4.5 in. taller in back than the Original chair for extra support and comfort at the campsite. Durable coated ripstop nylon is cushioned with closed-cell foam for comfort and insulation. Sturdy, lightweight carbon fiber stays offer firm yet flexible support. Webbing straps with quick-release buckles adjust your back angle for a wide range of sitting positions. Crazy Creek LongBack chair is lightweight and packable with handles for easy carrying; rip-and-stick straps keep chair closed when you're on the go.

Engineered specifically for big and tall folk, the Crazy Creek LongBack Chair adds extra height along the back for comfort on hikes or camping among shady trees. Wrapped in coated ripstop nylon, the plush closed foam padding remains highly abrasion resistant and repels water. Carrying handles and Velcro closure straps make packing up easier than summoning the strength to move on.

- Altrec Outdoors

Crazy Creek LongBack Chair

The Crazy Creek LongBack Chair is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 4, 2013 at REI.

If you're looking for a new chair kit, check out the best reviewed current models.