Crazy Creek LongBack Chair

Crazy Creek LongBack Chair perfect for both a sleeping…

Crazy Creek LongBack Chair perfect for both a sleeping cushion and welcome luxury of chair/rocking chair after a hike. Works well strapped to my Osprey Atmos 65.

• Adjustable so you get good balance
  • Can be used as a rocking chair (a real trail luxury!)
  • Makes a great lightweight sleeping cushion too
  • Carry pouch in it great for the hike-out trash/wet gear

• Wish it had a lanyard or some attachment loops on side
  • Carry pocket gets tangled in velcro

I bought this Crazy Creek Long Back Chair for beach and concerts. But after using on the beach a lot, I realized it makes a great cushion. After some fussing with a couple sizes of caribiners and tie-ons, I found it was easy to attach to my Osprey Atmos backpack.

And ... WOW ... the luxury of having a chair at the end of the hike! And one that can work as a gentle rocking chair ... no other hiker can sneer at that luxury later on when it makes your great sleeping cushion. A perfect 2-for-1.

I read other online reviews carping that the side straps for the Crazy Creek Long Back Chair don't adjust/tear easy, etc. I do recommend testing the optimal tightness for the side straps so you get good back support/comfort. But, unless you're 250lbs or more, I can't imagine breaking this thing in regular properly-adjusted use. I am 160, a friend of mine is 180-190, and it worked great.

Here are pictures of it on my Osprey:

And I can even fit my Osprey rain fly over it: