Dagger Nomad

I know I will get blasted for this by all of the Nomad…

I know I will get blasted for this by all of the Nomad fans, but I think it is awesome, but a bit sluggish. It needs the volume I know for staying high and dry, but I just don't think it is as responsive as I would like it to be for quick response and for really pulling out of sticky plunge holes.

It could also have better accessibility to all of that room in the stern- they may have corrected this in the newer models (mine is about 3 or so years old now) but I know they haven't changed the hull shape any. I have not had the opportunity to try many other creek specific boats, but in relation to some of my older creekers, and playboats, It just is a little less responsive than I think it should be.

Maybe the saddle needs to be forward into the rocker a bit more, or I need to lose some weight in my tail. I don't know.

If you've owned or used a Dagger Nomad, please share your experience.

Dagger Nomad

$699.00 - $1,784.16

The Dagger Nomad is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 9, 2013 at RockCreek.

If you're looking for a new whitewater kayak, check out the best reviewed current models.