Dagger Nomad

I know I will get blasted for this by all of the Nomad…

I know I will get blasted for this by all of the Nomad fans, but I think it is awesome, but a bit sluggish. It needs the volume I know for staying high and dry, but I just don't think it is as responsive as I would like it to be for quick response and for really pulling out of sticky plunge holes.

It could also have better accessibility to all of that room in the stern- they may have corrected this in the newer models (mine is about 3 or so years old now) but I know they haven't changed the hull shape any. I have not had the opportunity to try many other creek specific boats, but in relation to some of my older creekers, and playboats, It just is a little less responsive than I think it should be.

Maybe the saddle needs to be forward into the rocker a bit more, or I need to lose some weight in my tail. I don't know.

The Dagger Nomad continues the tradition of high quality creek boats with the unmatched safety features and rock-solid design that has made all of them winners. This time Dagger busted out two different sizes so anyone, big or small, can get a piece of the action. We've added some length to better handle big water and downriver bombing, but it's still short and quick enough to bounce down the hairball runs so don't tell your mom about it. A Flipswitch? backband gives you no compromises on fit and support, and makes getting in and out a simple affair. There are a full six rescue attachment points, two of which are mounted at an angle just behind the cockpit for easy reach while seated, and so your buddy has a great place to hang on when you're delivering him from an out-of-boat experience..

- RockCreek

Step up your game this season on big water or in steep creeks with the high-performance, high-volume Dagger Nomad Kayak. Ideal for technical big water or steep creek-bombing, the Nomad delivers superb boofing abilities, turn-on-a-dime responsiveness, and supreme stability. Dagger's close attention to comfort and safety allows this boat to instill confidence in experienced paddlers looking to push their limits, even if you're not rubbing elbows with the pros on a daily basis.

Dagger Nomad Whitewater Creek River Kayak - If you were as close as the Dagger factory is to some of the best steep creeking in the world, you'd understand why they make such amazing creek boats. And you'd probably have one or two of your own. Freefall, Freefall LT, Gradient, CFS. The Nomad continues this tradition with the unmatched safety features and rock-solid design that has made all of them winners. Plus, this time they've busted out two different sizes so anyone, big or small, can get a piece of the action. They've added some length to better handle big water and downriver bombing, but it's still short and quick enough to bounce down the hairball runs you don't tell you mom about. A Flip switch backband gives you no compromises on fit and support, and makes getting in and out a simple affair. There are a full six rescue attachment points, two of which are mounted at an angle just behind the cockpit for easy reach while seated, and so your buddy has a great place to hang on when you're delivering him from an out-of-boat experience.

- Outdoorplay

Dagger Nomad

$699.00 - $1,784.16

The Dagger Nomad is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 9, 2013 at RockCreek.

If you're looking for a new whitewater kayak, check out the best reviewed current models.