Deuter Futura 24 SL

Weight 3 lb 5 oz / 1500 g
Capacity 1460 cu in / 24 L
Size 23 in x 13 in x 7.9 in / 58 cm x 33 cm x 20 cm
Material Deuter-Ripstop 210 / Deuter-Super-Polytex

Great fit. Nice amount of space — though smaller…

Source: received it as a personal gift

Summary

Great fit. Nice amount of space — though smaller than it looks. Love the ventilation system.

Pros

• Fit
  • Ventilation

Cons

• Not super lightweight
  • Small space

I've been eyeing this backpack for awhile thanks to the great ventilation system. When you live in Arizona, keeping the heat of a pack on your back is the only way to continue hiking in the summer months.

I went for the Futura 24 because I wanted a more substantial daypack that could potentially be an overnight but wasn't super huge (I have a larger pack for that). I was a bit surprised by how small the inner compartment is in this pack. You can fit quite a bit but you must pack light and smart.

Also, I wish that the hip pocket was large enough to fit my phone (camera) or granola bar. As it is now, the only thing it can really fit is a chapstick or smaller items.

From a comfort and fit standpoint though this backpack is great. Fits really well and has plenty of room for adjustment. Lots of extras too — plenty of pockets. Plus I adore the built-in compartment for my Camelbak. Makes it really easy.