Deuter Race X Air I

I bought this as a day pack for a trip to Thailand…

Design: top loading
Number of Pockets: 1
Max. Load Carried: not much probably 10 or 15 pounds
Height of Owner: 5' 2"

I bought this as a day pack for a trip to Thailand and I've become so addicted to it I use it every week in the New England White Mountains even in the winter (day trips only obviously). I love the design that keeps the pack OFF your back with the mesh and keeps me from overheating. I strap crampons/xtra clothes etc on the back of it with a big velcro strap and a crampon bag, and many many things hook onto the straps on both sides. I always overstuff it and it hasn't broken - and their is more mesh that pulls out from a zipper on the bottom to hold extra stuff. Still, this is a hiking pack just for those who go 'lite' (my dog carries extra stuff in her pack for me). This brand works well for short people like me.

Deuter Race X Air I Hydration Pack is a compact and sleek bike pack for fast and light tours | The proven Aircomfort-System with mesh shoulder keeps your back cooler and drier while keeping the pack off your back | Features Include: hip belt with stabilizing mesh wings, front pocket with stowaway helmet holder, side mesh pockets, 3M reflectors, safety blink loop, Streamer 3 liter BPA-free reservoir

- Tahoe Mountain Sports

The Race X Air I hydration pack by Deuter is built for serious XC riders for runs of all lengths.

- Rocky Mountain Trail

Fast Free Shipping on orders over $50. The Race X Air I Hydration Pack is revised compact and sleek bike pack for fast and light tours. The proven Aircomfort Backsystem with mesh shoulder keeps your back cooler and drier.

- Powderfin.com

The Race X Air I Hydration Pack by Deuter is a great pack for those fast and light bike tours where you need extra clothing and food. Designed to be sleek and compact, the Race X Air I will also keep you cooler than most hydration packs. Built with the Advanced Aircomfort Backsystem that is made up of two durable, spring steel frames that keep a mesh lining tight, preventing the pack from contacting the users back at all. Moist air can escape through the three point system, keeping perspiration down by 25%. It also provides you with a front pocket with stowaway helmet holder, a 3 liter Streamer hydration bladder and mesh shoulder straps that allow air to flow.

- RockCreek

This all-around pack offers sleek, compact Deuter Race X Air I hydration and storage for fast and light bike touring. Ventilating Airstripes back creates a chimney effect, channeling air up and over your back to keep you cool. Use of mesh shoulder straps and mesh stabilizing wings on the hipbelt help support the load in a lightweight manner. Features a main compartment, an internal valuables pocket and stretch-mesh helmet or jacket stow pocket. Taste-Free™ Streamer reservoir has easy-access filler cap and wide top opening for easy cleaning. Attachment loop for rear safety light and 3M® reflector help keep you visible in low light. Closeout.

Deuter Race X Air I

The Race X Air I has been discontinued.

The Deuter Race X Air I is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen March 1, 2011 at Tahoe Mountain Sports.

If you're looking for a new hydration pack, check out the best reviewed current models.