I bought this as a day pack for a trip to Thailand…

Design: top loading
Number of Pockets: 1
Max. Load Carried: not much probably 10 or 15 pounds
Height of Owner: 5' 2"

I bought this as a day pack for a trip to Thailand and I've become so addicted to it I use it every week in the New England White Mountains even in the winter (day trips only obviously). I love the design that keeps the pack OFF your back with the mesh and keeps me from overheating. I strap crampons/xtra clothes etc on the back of it with a big velcro strap and a crampon bag, and many many things hook onto the straps on both sides. I always overstuff it and it hasn't broken - and their is more mesh that pulls out from a zipper on the bottom to hold extra stuff. Still, this is a hiking pack just for those who go 'lite' (my dog carries extra stuff in her pack for me). This brand works well for short people like me.