Eagles Nest Outfitters ProFly Rain Tarp

3 comments

Source: received it as a personal gift

Summary

This is a great tarp that packs up small. The coverage will keep you comfortable and dry.

Pros

• Packs small
  • Full coverage
  • Dries quickly

Cons

• Can't handle high winds

I was hesitant to buy a rain tarp from ENO for a pretty long time because they're so expensive ($80 +/-). Luckily, I have an awesome friend who bought me one as a gift, so I didn't have to spend the money. However, after having it, I would say that it's worth every penny.

Before having the ProFly, I used a normal heavy duty tarp like you get at any hardware store or Walmart. The difference is unbelievable. With the ProFly, it packs up small and is lightweight. It is easy to set up and and tear down.

I have slept under this thing in some pretty heavy downpours and stayed completely comfortable and dry. I actually use it about every time I sleep in my ENO all night, whether it's supposed to rain or not, because it keeps the dew from soaking me.

I did have one of the plastic pieces that holds the guy line snap in a really heavy storm when the wind was blowing really hard, but ENO sent me a brand new tarp. I was inside my house during this, if I had been sleeping in backcountry, I would have been a little upset.

Overall, I would recommend this product. I would pay the money and get a good tarp like this one if you like to hammock.

I just bought an ENO tarp for $43 at Sierra Trading Post. I just couldn't pass up that price.

Ben Rivers

I saw that deal! I actually got two of my friends to buy one on STP! I couldn't believe the price!

Eric Labanauskas BRAND REP

Goose, if it was a deal on a ProFly, I don't wanna know about it. Bought mine at retail. Solid tarp, and love the line locks (especially on the ridgeline). Packs nicely, too!