Eddie Bauer First Ascent Midweight Baselayer Pants

It's so hard for me to not give these a 5. They are…

Price Paid: $20 (60% off)

FA_mdwgt_BasePant.jpg

It's so hard for me to not give these a 5. They are warm, snug but not tight or restrictive. They kept me dry when testing them along with the base layer top. Thicker than the light stuff, and it feels, looks, smells better (looks like better stitching and quality upon further inspection) than the T2 stuff at EMS. Very light and packs small.

I think the Eddie Bauer First Ascent line of products is a secret and prices are reasonable while it stays that way. At $20 (60% off) this baselayer bottom was a bargain.

What I wear them for: Shoveling snow for a few hours, under rain pants jogging, multi-day hikes on the AT in the winter, during all other seasons will wear them at night in my sleeping bag. I bought one pair to test. In my review for the top I explain the little test I did: http://www.trailspace.com/gear/first-ascent/midweight-crewneck-baselayer/

These bottoms work great and don't slip off either. They are very light and packable too! I went back to the store and bought two more. This should say it all.

The half point is because I've only ever worn 1 thing slightly more comfortable and stylish: Patagonia's Capilene 3.

Visit Eddie Bauer's Men's First Ascent Midweight Baselayer Pants page.

Eddie Bauer Midweight Baselayer Pants - This next-to-skin midweight baselayer features Cocona technology that microscopically increases surface area and harnesses body heat to speed evaporation of perspiration during high-output activities. Said simply: moisture moves faster so you stay dryer. And Cocona never washes or wears out. It's embedded in the fabric. The most versatile of our Cocona weights, trust this midweight layer when skiing, climbing, riding or training in cooler temps.

- Eddie Bauer refers to the men's version

Eddie Bauer First Ascent Midweight Baselayer Pants

$44.95 (men's)

The Eddie Bauer First Ascent Midweight Baselayer Pants is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen September 24, 2013 at Eddie Bauer.

If you're looking for a new base layer bottom, check out the best reviewed current models.