Eddie Bauer Inflatable Seat Cushion

Eddie Bauer's inflatable seat cushion has replaced…

Summary

Eddie Bauer's inflatable seat cushion has replaced my Z-Rest for campsite sitting comfort. It inflates to 17"x12"x1.5" which is adequately sized for its purpose, yet deflates and rolls up into a carrying sack that's smaller than a Nalgene bottle.

Pros

• Small size replaces my Z-Rest, which I used to carry for this purpose
  • Quality seems on par with Therm-a-rest
  • Inflatable design lets the user choose their own comfort level
  • Net weight of filling is 60 grams + weight of the shell

Cons

• None

We bought three of these earlier this year during one of EB's 40% off everything sales and at $12/ea we are more than happy with this addition.

I normally carried my Z-Rest (3/4 size) strapped to my backpack for my camp sitting, but it is bulky. My girls carried cut up pieces off one of our old closed foam pads, but they were pretty rigid, not very comfortable and didn't pack well. These EB seats solved all those problems.

As for weight they are lighter than my Z-Rest and about the same as the cut up pieces. Once they are deflated and in their sack, they easily fit in one of the outside pockets or lid on our backpacks. The pics below show comparable packed and open sizes to one of my Nalgene bottles.

WP_20140113_17_45_22_Pro.jpg

WP_20140113_20_36_38_Pro.jpg

If you've owned or used an Eddie Bauer Inflatable Seat Cushion, please share your experience.

Eddie Bauer Inflatable Seat Cushion

The Eddie Bauer Inflatable Seat Cushion is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new chair kit, check out the best reviewed current models.