Eddie Bauer Propellant Jacket - Men's

Very comfortable, lightly insulated, stretchy, wind…

Summary

Very comfortable, lightly insulated, stretchy, wind and water resistant soft shell. Poor quality control!

Pros

• Stretch!
  • Breathable
  • Comfort

Cons

• Sticky zippers
  • Poor cord locks, quality control??
  • Heavy

Great idea, this jacket could be awesome but...questionable execution. My hood elastic cinch pulled loose from the end the first time I pulled it, unthreading all the way out. Hmmm return or ???

I reluctantly rethreaded and sewed it back. The hem elastic cinch has no cord locks. I had to add them. Zippers were very sticky. I lubed them and they were better, but come on! This is an expensive jacket!

The plus side, finally a soft shell sweater design, very comfortable to wear, with good breathability and wind and water resistance, fairly durable outer shell, great mid layer or stand alone in milder conditions when you want to bring just one jacket.

Size, I got a medium. I am 5.10  175 lbs. Fit is good, can wear layers under or not, sleeves are nice but could use an inner cuff of some kind.

Eddie Bauer Men's Propellant Jacket

The Eddie Bauer Men's Propellant Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen September 24, 2013 at Eddie Bauer.

"Lazy. And Damn Good Looking"—Meet Andy, Backpacker, Geographer, Reviewer of the Month

Black Diamond Women's First Light Hoody Review