Emberlit UL Titanium
6 oz / 170 g
If you need a small, lightweight, strong wood (bio…
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: $60
If you need a small, lightweight, strong wood (bio mass) burning stove then this is it.
- Just works
- Made in USA
- Takes some practice to assemble
- Cheap PVC carry pouch that won't last long
It is strong enough that I have used it to cook breakfast in it using a cast iron skillet. The side hole allows for the continual feed of fresh fuel. Do be warned flames will shoot out the side.
- Setup: Take time to practice setting this stove up at home a few times. Once you get the hang of it, very easy.
- Ignition: All depends on the dryness of your wood. If you can start a camp fire you can use this stove. Use good tinder or fire starters.
- Flame Control: Controlled by amount, size, and quality of your wood. Easily simmer or rolling boil.
- Boil time: Did not time it but average. Once again depends on the quality of fuel.
- Stability: This stove is very stable and strong. The trivets cross in the middle in an X so it will support even small bottomed sierra cups or 8-in cast iron skillets with ease.
- Packability: It is made of Titanium so it is very lightweight and thin. My wife could easily carry it in her purse and not notice it.
- Construction and Durability: It is made of titanium so it should not rust. As long as you don't abuse it with a hammer or rocks it should last a lifetime.