I wanted a heartier boot than my last pair (Asolo's…

Materials: Stiff Italian Leather/Gore-Tex Lined- Heavy Vibram Tread
Use: All hiking, My boot is my boot.
Break-in Period: Wore Everyday. As slippers, work shoes, Hospital Clogs, and day hikers for three weeks in preparation for Three Days in Presidentials
Weight: Boulder Like, maybe 8 lbs.

I wanted a heartier boot than my last pair (Asolo's from 1998-2006). I also wanted the ability to step into crampons for winter trips. Boy did I get it. I almost baulked at the purchase and went with a "softer" boot for comfort. Don't be scared at the out of box "ski boot" feel. Given the love and attention of a good couple good Snow Seal Massages, continual wear, and stretching, these boots began to loosen after a week. Three weeks in and I'm confident to ascend. I'll retract as necessary if further tests prove contrary.