EMS Boreal -20

This is a great bag if ur just starting to cold weather…

Design: mummy
Fill: see above
Temperature Rating: -20 F
Weight: see above
Price Paid: gift

This is a great bag if ur just starting to cold weather camp.

It is very big and it doesn't fit in my pack compressed. I have a big pack, EMS 4700. It carries a lot but this compressed doesn't fit in the pack it's too fat so it only fits in uncompressed and it takes up lots of room.

I've taken it on several trips in the White Mountains and although it is warm enough it takes up so much space in my pack that I have to cut my trips shorter than I'd like.

It will keep u warm though down to -20 as it says. It's not one of the bags that the rating is off by 10 or 20 degrees. I was 12 when I got caught in a storm it was -18 when we packed out and I was warm in the bag even though it was large on me.

All in all a good beginner bag, if ur doing any serious camping or hiking don't get it. It is big and heavy.

Only buy if ur going car camping. Otherwise it is very difficult to use

Windproof. Water resistant. Wicked warm. Once inside this -20 toaster, you'll forget about the mind-numbing cold on the other side of that tent flap. Revolutionary A-Flex construction seals in warmth better and allows greater insulation loft than the normal baffle method. It's a safe bet that most high-quality bags with continuous-fiber insulation will be using the A-Flex method within a few years! Polarguard Delta insulation employs continuous fibers that dry quickly and last longer than most other synthetics. Pertex Microlight shell fabric sheds wind while surface moisture just beads up and runs off. Insulated chest muff and draft tube keep the air you've warmed where it belongs. Inner chest tube pocket secures essentials. Hanging loops for proper storage. Includes compression sack and storage sack.

- EMS

EMS Boreal -20

The Boreal -20 has been discontinued.

The EMS Boreal -20 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen October 12, 2006 at EMS.

If you're looking for a new cold weather synthetic sleeping bag, check out the best reviewed current models.