EMS Carter Ridge GTX

For the price I paid this was a steal, and I don't…

Materials: Nylon-Leather with gore-tex
Use: dayhike to weekend trips
Break-in Period: three weeks for me
Weight: 180 lbs

For the price I paid this was a steal, and I don't regret it. I've gone through a few pairs of hiking shoes, from L.L. Bean outdoor sneakers (ok not best for backpacking) that I wore out to low-end ($60 dollars) TNF boots that just didn't work. So I tried these and what a difference. They're not too stiff but plenty supportive. Oh, and did I mention they're waterproof? The only reason I haven't given them 5 stars is they're not something that blew my mind away, they're just what I always expected a boot should do.

Gore-Tex? protection and a grippy Vibram? tread helps to round out this very versatile fabric/leather design. Best use: Day hikes and light backpacking treks. Leather/nylon uppers make 'em tough but nimble. Gore-Tex lining conquers wetness inside and out. A stiff polypropylene plate within the outsole protects the bottom of your feet from rocks. Vibram tread provides long-lasting grip and control over widly varying terrain. Polyurethane midsole lasts longer than EVA foam. 3 sets of speed-lacing hooks are positioned to lock heel in more securely.

- EMS refers to the men's version

EMS Carter Ridge GTX

The Carter Ridge GTX has been discontinued.

The EMS Carter Ridge GTX is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen October 27, 2007 at EMS.