EMS Hobo Sleeping Pad

The EMS Hobo pad rolls up very small and is very lightweight.

Summary

The EMS Hobo pad rolls up very small and is very lightweight. I have camped with it for 60+ nights. It is not the largest or thickest sleeping pad, but I find it very comfortable.

Pros

• Compact
  • Long length
  • Very durable

Cons

• Narrow
  • Thin (not very cushy)

I like the EMS Hobo pad a lot. It is long, which I like because my feet don't hang off the bottom (I am 6'). It rolls up very small. You simply roll it up or fold it in half lengthwise and then roll it so it rolls into a cylinder roughly 8" X 8" X 1".

When I unpack the Hobo pad after it has been fully deflated I manually blow air into the self-inflating mechanism to speed up the process (it is fully inflated after about 1 minute of blowing). You basically need to blow air into it to inflate it, so it is not really self inflating, ALTHOUGH I do not notice it losing air during the night. Even when it has only been loosely rolled up, I still find it helpful to give it a little manual inflating to make it more comfy.

When I am backpacking a short distance with the Hobo pad, I often pack it by partially deflating it and rolling it up like a regular sleeping pad and strapping to the outside of my pack.

All in all, I think it is a great product. It is very cheap and it has proved to be durable.

Welcome to Trailspace, Jacob!

EMS Hobo Sleeping Pad

The EMS Hobo Sleeping Pad is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen July 27, 2015 at EMS.

If you're looking for a new self-inflating sleeping pad, check out the best reviewed current models.