EMS Liner Hat

This liner hat can be used as a warm layer on its…

Summary

This liner hat can be used as a warm layer on its own down to chilly temps, and really works well when coupled with a heavier wind-blocking and/or water-resistant hat. It weighs almost nothing, and it can be shoved into the smallest spaces for easy packing when you're not wearing it.

Pros

• Warm
  • Good fit

The EMS liner hat fits snugly, and works extremely well as a base layer for your melon. The snug fit is of critical importance when used with another hat, since you can easily remove the outer layer without disturbing the liner hat. While the fit is snug, it is not uncomfortable at all.

I spent 9 hours out one day, with temps between 20-30 degrees F, and varying levels of activity. For most of that time, I used the liner hat alone, and only added a fleece hat over it for short periods of less activity. I never developed any sweat under the liner hat, which convinced me that it was doing its job.

I can't say how durable this hat is, but I have no reason to think it will not last me a long time, based on my limited experience thus far.

If you've owned or used an EMS Liner Hat, please share your experience.