Pros: Comfortable, fairly thick, cheap Cons: Heavy,…

Price Paid: like 30 bucks

Pros: Comfortable, fairly thick, cheap

Cons: Heavy, cheap

I had kind of a fun time ruining this thing. I was setting up camp, and took my pad out to let it inflate. I like a firm pad so I blew extra air into it and set it aside to set up my tent. Midway through setting up my tent, I heard a popping sound, sounded like popcorn, couldn't figure out what it was... so I kept setting up my tent... After about 3 minutes of hearing this popping sound, I heard one really loud pop... and looked out of the tent to see my sleeping pad blown up like a summer sausage... completely round...

Apparently the sun had hit it, melting the glue that holds it together, while expanding the air.... dark blue sleeping pad in a sunny spot apparently generates heat really quickly. I'm not counting that in the review, because I'm assuming all pads of a dark color would do that... but... the pad compressed is still twice the size, and twice the weight of a Therm-a-rest Prolite 4... so you're better off spending the extra cash... especially if you are going to hike with it.