EMS Tristar

I have owned a Tristar for over 5 years and for the…

I have owned a Tristar for over 5 years and for the money it is a excellent tent. I also own a Mnt. Hardwear Skyledge 2.1  and Hammerhead 2 and the Tristar is my choice when there are 2 of us because it provides ample space and is easy to set up.

The Tristar will handle almost any weather including early fall snows and wind as long as it is staked out right.  While a little heavy the just over 7 lbs is easily shared with 2 people and worth the weight considering the 39 sq. ft. of floor space and 4 ft. peak you have.

There are pockets front, rear and sides to stow loose items not to mention the 2 large vestibules.

This tent has a lot of room for two people. Can fit…

Design: 3 Season
Ease of Setup: A little tough
Weight: 6 lb. 14 oz.

This tent has a lot of room for two people. Can fit some gear inside, which is good, because the two vestibules are kind of small (just barely big enough for a pack). The windows aren't much of a feature because of the angle they're at, but they are kind of neat. Seams look to be sealed well, although I haven't had it out in rain yet. I took it winter camping a few times in moderate winds. Had to guy it down, but the tent held up fairly well. Setting up the tent is a little tough because the poles are tight to get into the loops after they are through the sleeves. Overall, I'm impressed and happy with the tent and would recommend it to others.

EMS Tristar

The Tristar has been discontinued.

The EMS Tristar is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen October 12, 2006 at EMS.