enLIGHTened Equipment Epiphany Cuben Fiber Quilt

One of the lightest 30 degree quilts around weighing…

Summary

One of the lightest 30 degree quilts around weighing in at 19 oz. This quilt is waterproof and packs down very small into its attached stuff sack.

Pros

• Waterproof

Cons

• May be a little warmer than rated.

I really am impressed with this quilt. It is made to fit me. When ordering, Tim Marshall the owner had some basic questions, yet had double checked at least 3 times the measurements I was requesting. I have wide shoulders and needed a little extra material to cover me.

The first time using this quilt, I was very impressed. The loft was great and foot box had plenty of room. When it was made to fit me, what more could I expect.

This quilt does have two issues that are not game stoppers but just a bit different. The attached stuff sack is also used to increase the loft by acting as an air bladder. A bit different than shaking the quilt, yet very effective. This material is air  tight and needs the loft  adjusted this way.

Being air tight causes this quilt to cause you have to vent at night if the temps are warm, and I only found this true when the temps were a bit warmer, when the temps were 30 to 40 degrees this was a non-issue.

I used this quilt on the PCT for a section and had no problems or issues, never felt a chill. And even went a few nights in the winter with it and was surprised how warm I stayed.

If you've owned or used an enLIGHTened Equipment Epiphany Cuben Fiber Quilt, please share your experience.

enLIGHTened Equipment Epiphany Cuben Fiber Quilt

The enLIGHTened Equipment Epiphany Cuben Fiber Quilt is not available from the stores we monitor.

Weight 19 oz