Esbit Solid Fuel Tablets

Work well. Not odorless, though! I almost feel a bit…

Summary

Work well. Not odorless, though!

Pros

• Generates good heat quickly

Cons

• Fishy smell

I almost feel a bit silly leaving a review for these — they're so straightforward.  Esbit tabs are compact, fairly easy to light with a match or lighter, and quickly put out a good amount of heat. I use mine in the Esbit collapsable (Pocket) stove and can rehydrate a meal with one tablet in a reasonable amount of time.

The packaging might say odorless, but I don't think that's true. Maybe I just have a sensitive nose, but I need to keep these in a double ziploc bag once opened to keep their fishy smell in.

A few of these and the pocket stove are more than enough for a weekend excursion, especially if you're only cooking for one. Don't expect this to be as quick as your butane burner, but it works fine.

Thanks for sharing your Esbit solid fuel review, Benjamin. It's always helpful to hear how fuel and other gear actually worked out.

1 year ago