Esbit Titanium Stove

This is a simple way to reduce your pack volume and…

Summary

This is a simple way to reduce your pack volume and weight. This stove is able to fold down to the size of two of my fingers! This amazing little wonder weighs in at a mere .05 oz. !!! Using the Esbit fuel tablets this stove boils 3 cups of water in 8 min.

Pros

• Compact
  • Solid construction
  • Easy to use

Cons

• Works better in wind with a wind screen.(not provided)
  • Residue on burner platform and bottom of pot

Overall I recommend this stove for the hiker wanting a small, lightweight, dependable stove for all seasons of hiking. No liquids and no canisters make this stove great for keeping it green and keeping it safe.

The lightest stove option out there, and it's cheap!

Price Paid: 9.95

Summary

The lightest stove option out there, and it's cheap!

Pros

• No messy, heavy liquid fuels.
  • Fuel tabs come indivually wrapped.
  • Costs $10.00
  • Titanium
  • What else can i say it's the lightest!

Cons

• Not quite as stable as heavier stoves.
  • Doesn't fold completely flat, but small enough.

At less than a half ounce, this stove is a wonder. The 0.5 ounce fuel tabs easily boil 2 cups of water with burn time to spare. And since you don't have to worry about conserving fuel, you can light it and forget about it while you set up camp.

We almost always have a fire, so I mainly use this as a backup for when it rains. It does produce an ashy residue on the bottom of my pot, but not unlike cooking over a fire.

Some have voiced concerns that the fumes could possibly be harmful. I don't see how it would be much different than cooking with any other petroleum based fuel. And like I said, you don't have to hover over it.

It is made from titanium, so it's very durable. It folds up to a tiny 3 inches long. And the fuel tabs are individually wrapped so you don't have to carry a fuel canister, or worry about anything leaking in your pack.

This stove has really been the impetus of my ultralight renovation. Not only did it help slash the weight of my cookset, but it caused me to rethink the rest of what I'm carrying.

My ultralight cookset:

Esbit stove  0.5 oz

Sea to Summit short spoon  0.2 oz

Small bandana rag  0.2 oz

Stuff sack  0.4 oz

Total cookset  3.2 oz  (plus .5 oz of fuel per meal)