Eureka! Midori 2

Good tent that does what it's supposed to. Only one…

Price Paid: $129 on sale

Summary

Good tent that does what it's supposed to. Only one door and vestibule, and it's hard to stuff rather than roll.

Pros

• Sturdy
  • Large vestibule
  • Relative ease of setup
  • Aluminium poles

Cons

• Vestibule pole non-removable
  • Only one door and vestibule

This is a sturdy little tent that is pretty easy to set up. They use a toggle and loop system at the top where the poles cross, which is a little bit difficult when your fingers are cold or you are wearing gloves. The rest of the poles are connected with simple clips.

Once set up the tent is quite sturdy and can take some decent winds and rain without issues. The rain fly has plenty of tension points for the really windy days.

The tent is perfectly roomy on the inside as long as you are close with your tent mate, otherwise it might be a little bit tight.

The single vestibule is very large and has enough room for two packs and a dog because of the smaller pole holding it up to add more volume. This pole however has turned into one of my biggest dislikes on the tent because it is not removable. If you stuff your tent rather than fold and roll this tent is probably not for you because the vestibule pole will get in the way while you try to stuff it in the bag.

It has a large removable gear loft that works great, although taking removing and re attaching it is a little bit more difficult than I would like.

It seems like a durable tent that would last many seasosn as long as I don't poke through it with that vestibule pole.

I have used the tent for one season in the High Unitas and the Wasatch Mountain Range.

Great deal! The only downfall is one door, but for…

Summary

Great deal! The only downfall is one door, but for the price I'll take it!

Pros

• Price
  • Easy setup

This was my first backpacking tent that I ever used and I have no complaints. The price was perfect for a first timer's tent. I have not tried it in windy, rainy weather yet. I thought it slept two comfortably.