ExOfficio Air Strip Lite Long Sleeve Shirt

Perhaps I'm being a bit nit-picky here because after…

Summary

Perhaps I'm being a bit nit-picky here because after all this is a very durable, lightweight shirt that still is able to maintain a heavy feel to it. It can offer warmth when combined with layers and yet can be very breathable and cool for use in the heat. It also offers great UV protection, and dries very fast but it fits very large and isn't quite as soft as I was hoping.

Pros

• Breathable

Cons

• Fits extremely large
  • Soft, but not super soft

OK, I bought this shirt sight unseen over the internet, and while overall it serves its function very well, I was a bit disappointed with how it fit. I'm not usually picky about my clothes, but I want them to fit right and I felt like I was swimming in this shirt even though I ordered a medium (my normal size). Overall - it's a fantastic shirt and I can't complain too much.

Fit & Comfort: Like I mentioned, it is a baggy shirt, but some people might like that. At least it doesn't constrict you in anyway, which would be worse. Very comfortable to wear.

Adjustability: I love that I can roll up the sleeves - one of the main reasons I bought it.  This is great because in the morning while it's still cold you can have it down to keep your arms warm, then after you hike for a bit you can roll them up.

Breathability: The shirts has several vents in it and manages to keep you pretty cool.

Moisture: Wicks away fantastically, one of the real strengths of the shirt.

Warmth: It does add a fair amount of warmth when combined with layers.  Also, does a great job of keeping you cool with the vents and moisture wicking.

Layering: This is where it being so large actually was a benefit.  I was able to wear a couple of shirts underneath without any constriction at all.

Abrasion: I've taken it through the woods several times and it still looks new.

Function: Several pockets and zippers.  I thought I'd use them a bit more, but it weighs down the shirt too much and makes it a bit uncomfortable.

Features: Sleeves role up and SPF 30 protection

Construction & Durability: Very well made, looks new after several uses and no signs of wear.

Conditions: I've had the shirt for about a year and have used it during Winter and Spring / Fall hikes.

If it wasn't so baggy this shirt would easily get 5 stars. As it is, I am deducting a star because of the way it fit me. If I had to do it over again, I think I would have tried to find a different style, but you might like a larger style shirt.

This is the most durable yet lightweight hiking shirt…

Summary

This is the most durable yet lightweight hiking shirt on the market.

Pros

• Durability
  • Quick drying
  • Ventilated

I've owned my shirt since 2003 and after numerous expeditions and even yard work, it still looks new.

I wanted a shirt for lower desert terrain that would provide coverage from the sun and protection from thorns yet was well ventilated. I've tried other hiking shirts and so have friends but we've all been dissapointed by other brands.  I can't tell you how many thorns have ripped across the sleeves and not a mark was made.

This is a shirt you'll have with you for years. It's one item I never go hiking or backpacking without.

It's hard to describe the feel of this shirt, I wouldn't…

It's hard to describe the feel of this shirt, I wouldn't consider it to be in the same category of your favorite jean shirt or flannel...but it works so well in that the shirt dries so quickly...and I sweat profusely!!!
The pockets are cavernous and the vents are perfect to keep airflow circulating all around your body.
I am giving it 5 stars because when compared to other shirts of the same type it seems superior to me and the few times I haven't taken it with me, I wished that I did.

Visit ExOfficio's Air Strip Lite Long Sleeve Shirt page.

Make your carry-on count.ExOfficio's #1 selling shirt, the Air Strip Lite LS protects you from the sun with built-in UVA and UVB protection and keeps you cool with climate control ventilation. Built with the ultimate durability in mind, the Air Strip's seam finished throughout and engineered to be worn again and again. ExOfficio clothing field-tested and approved by the African Wildlife Foundation.

- CampSaver.com

Keep your cool with the hike-ready, travel-friendly tall ExOfficio Air Strip Lite Shirt. WIth all its functional details, including UPF protection and ventilation, it'll be the shirt you reach for.

Sometimes a shirt is more than just a shirt. Ex Officio used its lightweight Dryflylite fabric in the Men's Long-Sleeve Air Strip Shirt for excellent moisture wicking properties and UPF 30+ sun protection. The Air Strip Shirt's adjustable three-position collar shades your neck while you paddle across a lake at noon or hike an exposed trail. On unbearably hot days, you'll be glad Ex Officio gave the Air Strip Lite Shirt mesh back and side vents. If you accidentally tip the canoe, hang this travel shirt over a branch once you reach the shore--its nylon-polyester fabric dries quickly.

On Sale. Free Shipping. ExOfficio Men's Air Strip LS Woven FEATURES of the Ex Officio Men's Air Strip Long Sleeve Woven Button front placket Airomesh lined ventilation system 3 position sun collar Utility tab Bellows pockets with security zip Button down collar Lightweight: Lightweight fibers make this weigh less than a similar garment Quick Drying: Fibers release moisture easily so garment dries rapidly Sun Guard 40+: Specialized fabric rated with a UPF (Ultraviolet Protection Factor) absorbs and reflects harmful rays, preventing them from damaging your skin Ventilation: Strategically placed vents circulate air to decrease body temperature Moisture Wicking: Fabric moves moisture along the garment's surface away from the skin SPECIFICATIONS of the Ex Officio Men's Air Strip Long Sleeve Woven Relaxed fit Dryflylite 80% Nylon / 20% Polyester