ExOfficio Give-N-Go Boxer Brief

Only boxer briefs to wear while being active. Best…

Summary

Only boxer briefs to wear while being active.

Pros

• Comfy
  • Keeps shape
  • Dries fast

Cons

• None yet

Best underwear for the outdoors! I wear them hiking, camping, and under my board shorts. They dry fast and even after a few days in Yosemite they kept their shape and didn't stink.

Sorry folks, no pictures on this one; now for the…

Summary

Sorry folks, no pictures on this one; now for the rest of the story. Great material, outstanding support and comfort, and lasts for days on the trail with minimal care. Recommended for daily wear and any trip were you may only get to wash them out in a creek every couple of days.

Pros

• Comfortable material
  • Breathes well and transfers moisture
  • Not as tight as athletic nylon underwear
  • Helps stop chaffing

Cons

• Expensive (but good investment)
  • Legs tend to ride up over the miles

I'm not the commando type, so I have to choose between lined shorts/pants or unlined ones with synthetic underwear. The mediums fit me well without being uncomfortably tight or restrictive like athletic spandex. The inner waistband has a fleecy material that adds to the comfort, with the balance of the material being a stretchy 94% nylon 6% spandex mix that does not pinch at the leg opening like bike shorts tend to do. I'm happy with the "support" and the fly works as intended.

Moisture is wicked away on all but the hottest, most humid days. On those days I typically switch to mesh lined shorts anyway. Care is pretty easy, wash them out at the end of the day with some camp suds and they will dry overnight. They will go for weeks this way. Just airing them out at the end of the day will get you several days. Constant wear is limited to a couple of days. The material and seams have proven durable

Overall very happy with them. I didn't pay full price for mine, and you can often find them on sale through all the usual locations. Even at full price, they are a good investment, just like any good gear.

Astonishingly good. I have a couple pairs of these…

Summary

Astonishingly good.

• Excellent wicking
  • Higher waistband
  • Dry quickly

Cons

• Cost

I have a couple pairs of these I wear when traveling or hiking. They really are astonishingly good, despite the cost.

A couple positive points I don’t see mentioned about them: First, the waistband is a little higher than normal, which is really nice since it then rides above the waistband on my shorts or pants instead of chafing underneath.

Second, it wicks the moisture away so fast that there is a cooling feeling that takes a little getting used to.

Had two pairs of these on my thru-hike of the Appalachian…

Summary

Had two pairs of these on my thru-hike of the Appalachian Trail in 2012. Sexy.

• Extremely comfortable
  • Odor controlling
  • Kept the boys in place

Cons

• Expensive

I’ll keep this particular review brief (see what I did there? haha!) because I don’t want to get too in-depth with my unmentionables, but they are definitely worth reviewing. I carried two pairs of these for my trip.

Now they are a bit on the pricey side, retailing at around $30 a pair, but trust me… when you’ve got an item as essential as underwear, don’t go cheap. These were extremely popular for other dude hikers (you get to become very good friends with other hikers). They just feel so good.

No problems with them deteriorating, and not even really any odor problems. The only time I had a chafing issue was one day as I hiked a stupid amount of miles in a driving rain, but that was all my fault. Otherwise, it protected me extremely well.

The material is amazing. If this material existed in the days of the pharaohs, they would’ve requested to be entombed in them. Getcha some.

If you've owned or used an ExOfficio Give-N-Go Boxer Brief, please share your experience.