Great everyday flashlight — bright, compact, and…

Great everyday flashlight — bright, compact, and waterproof.

• Button back
  • Two levels of output
  • Uses one AA battery
  • Waterproof/submersible
  • Price

• Head is hard to turn at times

I always carried a single-blade folder as my all-around tool, and I still feel naked if I leave the house without one. Recently, an acquaintance told me he always carries at least 2 blades and 2 flashlights. This seemed like overkill for those of us who are not knife fighting/self-defense instructors, but it made me think: a flashlight is a great tool to carry as a complement to a great knife at work and during day-to-day activities.

I picked up the E11 after trying it in the store, and I love it. The size is perfect to slip into any pants pocket, and it's so light I forget it's there after a few minutes. The aluminum body is well-textured and provides decent grip.

The push-button on/off on the back is great for ease of use and it has instant-on for brief bursts of light. The head turns to provide either 105 or 32 lumens of output. The head can be hard to turn and makes "one-handed operation" difficult at times. I've had the same battery in the light for three months now and no change in output yet. I love that it only requires one battery, and a AA at that — easy to find anywhere.

Overall, a great light that I use daily.

*I am an employee at Whole Earth Provision Co. in Dallas. My views do not necessarily represent the views of Whole Earth Provision Co. or its employees. I pride myself in providing unbiased reviews of products I purchase for my personal use.

Fenix E11

The Fenix E11 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 17, 2014 at

If you're looking for a new flashlight, check out the best reviewed current models.

Granite Gear Air Zippditty Review

High Sierra Wheeled Double Adjustable Ski Bag Review

Jetboil Flash Cooking System Review

STABIL Stride Review

Weegie Weekenders

Trailspace in the morning...and a new hat idea?