Great everyday flashlight — bright, compact, and…

Summary

Great everyday flashlight — bright, compact, and waterproof.

Pros

• Button back
  • Two levels of output
  • Uses one AA battery
  • Waterproof/submersible
  • Price

Cons

• Head is hard to turn at times

I always carried a single-blade folder as my all-around tool, and I still feel naked if I leave the house without one. Recently, an acquaintance told me he always carries at least 2 blades and 2 flashlights. This seemed like overkill for those of us who are not knife fighting/self-defense instructors, but it made me think: a flashlight is a great tool to carry as a complement to a great knife at work and during day-to-day activities.

I picked up the E11 after trying it in the store, and I love it. The size is perfect to slip into any pants pocket, and it's so light I forget it's there after a few minutes. The aluminum body is well-textured and provides decent grip.

The push-button on/off on the back is great for ease of use and it has instant-on for brief bursts of light. The head turns to provide either 105 or 32 lumens of output. The head can be hard to turn and makes "one-handed operation" difficult at times. I've had the same battery in the light for three months now and no change in output yet. I love that it only requires one battery, and a AA at that — easy to find anywhere.

Overall, a great light that I use daily.

*I am an employee at Whole Earth Provision Co. in Dallas. My views do not necessarily represent the views of Whole Earth Provision Co. or its employees. I pride myself in providing unbiased reviews of products I purchase for my personal use.