Filson Uplander Boots

I'm rough on every thing. My grandfather used to say-…

I'm rough on every thing. My grandfather used to say- "you could tear up an anvil in a sandpit" and he meant it. Whether it is hunting, fishing, working my plantation pines, or walking a brier infested fence line, my Filson Uplanders have kept my feet dry, safe, and warm.

They are 15 years old and only seem to be getting better with time- something that most other items I own can't boast.

OK, Here is the deal. If you want a "real" hiking…

Materials: All leather-leather lined with brass eyelets
Use: Long treks, Hunting
Break-in Period: none
Weight: ?
Price Paid: Don't ask

OK, Here is the deal. If you want a "real" hiking boot for carrying heavy loads then this is probably not for you, but this is without a doubt the best "hunting" boot I have ever worn.

I cover very long distances in the high country and need a boot that is both sturdy and silent...this is it (the tread on most hikers make them really noisy!). Break-in time was short and the comfort is incredible, more like slippers than boots. Back when I still had to work in an office I even wore them to work a few times.

Lack of a water-proof membrane is not important for me but keep in mind that these are your basic, real leather boots and require attention to keep them in good shape and shedding water.

If you are looking for a boot that truly is comfortable…

Materials: Leather
Use: Rough trail or no trail
Break-in Period: none
Weight: 3 1/2 lbs.
Price Paid: around $275

If you are looking for a boot that truly is comfortable and durable look no further. They don't look like the usual hiking boot, but are 12 inch high, moccasin toed which means there is plenty of toe room and are made from the highest quality lether inside and out you will ever see from a company that has been in business since the 1800s.

They aren't stiff soled like a mountaineering boot which isn't what you want for hiking anyway. Walking in them is cushioney due to their fit and cork insoles. I do wish the soles had just a little more traction on mud, but they protect your feet from rocks and pounding on the trial. They can be resoled also which justifies the price.

So, if you don't mind not looking like every other hiker (or maybe looking like one from the 50s or early 60s) but want to know what comfort really is about then try these.

Perfect for upland hunting, this rugged boot is made with a flexible outer layer of full-grain, heavyweight, oil-tanned leather. An inner lining of soft, water-repellent leather keeps your feet dry and comfortable as you blaze through thicket after thicket. Removable cork foot bed that dissipates moisture continuously throughout the day. 9" height. Imported.

Welt construction design allows for resoling. Leather tongue with tin cloth gusset prevents water leakage. Heel counter and reinforced backstay for heel stability. Removable Cork/EVA footbed. Pull strap feature.

* Water repellent
* 9 total lace closures; 5 lower brass lace holes with 4 upper brass lace hooks

Filson Uplander Boots

The Filson Uplander Boots is not available from the stores we monitor.