Gear Aid Tent Sure Tent Floor Sealant

Tested in the Colorado backcountry in "not-so-pleasant"…

Summary

Tested in the Colorado backcountry in "not-so-pleasant" weather.

Pros

• Reseals tent floor
  • Doesn't peel up after application
  • Lengthens life of tent floor

Cons

• Foam applicator could be a bit bigger

This is a great product that does what it claims.  I would recommend application before each season.  Backpacking gear and clothing is expensive and I'm sure no one wants to get it wet, especially inside your tent.

I applied the floor sealant to my Mountain Hardware Light Wedge 3 at the beginning of the season.  Application of the product was easy, it didn't smell too bad, and it dried quickly. I would definitely make sure the floor of your tent is clean before applying the floor sealant. Anything on the floor of the tent will be sealed in once you apply it. I applied three coats just to be on the safe side.

I took my son backpacking in the Lost Creek Wilderness, Colorado, over Memorial Weekend. We went through thunderstorms, hail storms, and it rained consistently through the night and, then again, in the afternoon the next day. We had no water in the tent what-so-ever.

I'm very happy with this product!

Ryan Bastien

Spent last night in the tent through some pretty severe rain just below Mount Evans. Could see some water pooled between my footprint and tent, not a drop of water inside. I'm very impressed with this product!