Gerber Freehand

This multi-tool does it all. I take this multi-tool…

Source: received it as a personal gift

Summary

This multi-tool does it all. I take this multi-tool everywhere. I hate flying on airplanes because I can't take this tool with me. I own other multi-tools including a Winchester, a Leathermen, and a Topeak Alien (for mountain biking) BUT this is the tool I always take to work and on the trail. The Topeak Alien has tools that are unique to mountain biking, but this Gerber has never let me down.

Cons

• The canvas pouch wears a hole at the tip of the tool

The plier feature engages easily, the locking features for each tool is reliable. I have had this Gerber for years and have never had a problem.  The way the handles are formed they do not dig into your hand (like the Leatherman) and it feels comfortable.

This tool is always on my hip.

Visit Gerber's Freehand page.

Think big. Think tough. Think capable. Think versatile. Think about combining all those robust qualities into a king-of-the-road multi-tool. Think Freehand. It's the biggest, toughest, most industrial multi-tool around. With thicker blades and a specialized industrial driver that can manhandle its way through just about anything. Gerber combines the functionality of one-handed opening pliers with the convenience of outboard tools. The larger, manlier tools are easy to open with one hand-insuring that you always have one free hand.Fully locking blades.Stainless steel construction.Overall Length: 7 in., closed 5.25 in.Weight 13.6 oz.

- Campmor

Gerber Freehand

The Gerber Freehand is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen July 9, 2013 at Campmor.

If you're looking for a new multi-tool, check out the best reviewed current models.