Nicely compact and very strong. Plus's handle as…
Price Paid: $21
Nicely compact and very strong.
- handle as a folding (small) plate at the hinge that doubles as a hammer.
- rubberized grip is a comfortable hold.
- easily packable in the nylon draw string bag that it comes with.
- also have used as a light duty axe.
- Push-button mechanism is sometimes a little difficult to operate. Usually after a hard day's travel when my mind is a little melted. But great feature in that it reduces the handle length and pack size. Just have to remember for the first time and then it usually goes well for the rest of the trip.
Only request would be to have the handle without the larger grip end. i.e. a handle of continual tubular size, with knurling for grip, so that the TP roll can slide down on the handle, simple pleasure but make a difference. Keeps it out of the dirt, wet snow, or from blowing away.
Update: February 3, 2012
When using in the snow make sure to keep the snow out of the handle buttons and collapsible parts.