Gerber Mini Paraframe

I bought the Mini Paraframe a few years back; it's…

I bought the Mini Paraframe a few years back; it's a good knife, holds an edge and it's light weight. However, I borough it on a mission trip one summer and when I was using it to cut open a plastic paint can, upon putting some pressure on the blade the locking mechanism failed causing the knife to close on my finger. I was cut pretty bad, luckily it didn't need stitches.

The problem was that the locking mechanism on the knife didn't extend far enough to stop the knife completely when there was pressure put on the knife blade. Since then i had to manually push the frame into the 'locked' position.

Aside from this safety concern the knife seemed to be a good knife. I would advise not buying this knife just because there are so many other better knives out on the market today.

This is my normal everyday pocket knife, that I happened…

This is my normal everyday pocket knife, that I happened to take with me to Philmont. The knife was perfect, used for opening food packs, and camp chores. Never needed anything bigger, and very little weight. Easy to sharpen, and holds an edge. Well worth 10 Bucks!

Visit Gerber's Mini Paraframe page.

This miniature version of the Gerber ParaframeTM has a 2.25-inch partially serrated-edge blade and weighs just a hair over an ounce.

Gerber Paraframe knives open smoothly and are constructed of surgical stainless steel. Innovative frame-lock handle design. Pocket/money clip allows easy access.

- Mountains Plus

This general-purpose pocketknife, made with Gerber's legendary quality, is offered at an outstanding price. Its innovative frame-lock mechanism is not only a nice safety feature, it also keeps the knife's construction simple. That combined with an open-handled design makes cleaning easy. Compact size stores nicely in your pocket. Removable clip. Entire knife made of high-quality surgical stainless steel. Imported. Dimensions Closed: 3"L, Open: 51/4"L, Blade: 21/4"L. Weight 1.4 oz.

- L.L.Bean

Gerber Mini Paraframe Knife - Our ultra-lightweight knife - weighing in at just 1.4 ounces - is small but strong. Constructed completely of corrosion-resistant stainless steel, it features a sturdy frame-lock design and open handles that are easy to clean. A clip on the side allows it to be hooked inside your pocket for easy access. Imported..

- Eddie Bauer