Gerber Outrigger, Serrated

Blade Length 3.0 in
Closed Length 4.0 in
Steel Type 7Cr17
Handle Material Aluminum with SoftGrip Overmold

This knife is fantastic when you're in a pinch! The…

Price Paid: 45 CAD

Summary

This knife is fantastic when you're in a pinch! The assisted opening makes it easy to take out and open with one hand, while the belt clip keeps it close by. The serrated edge really shines when it comes to quickly cutting things like rope.

Pros

• Quick opening
  • Sharp!
  • Comfortable grip
  • Light, but strong

Cons

• Shows a tiny bit of surface rust

The assisted opening makes getting the blade out effortless! It's almost a little scary how quickly you can open this.

The blade came quite sharp and so far it's stayed that way! In fact it's so sharp I managed to cut into my hand fairly deeply and was able to simply tape the two sides together and it healed without any scarring. That's surgical precision right there! (Just don't ask what I was doing when I cut myself.)

The grip feels solid yet comfortable for jobs needing brute strength or fine detail. The point of the blade can be quite useful for those fine actions!

It does show a little a bit of surface rust, but that's expected given the wet conditions I've used it in so far.

This is one knife that accompanies me on all my adventures from trail running to backpacking to car camping. The weight (or lack thereof) is really a positive of this knife!

Thanks for the review, Chris. I'm a Gerber fan myself.

Gerber Outrigger, Serrated

The Gerber Outrigger, Serrated is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new folding knife, check out the best reviewed current models.