Gerber Profile Fine Edge Drop Point
Source: received it as a personal gift
This foldable-locking knife is great for trekking and 'around-the-camp' activities and jobs. The knife locks in place when fully extended and is very easy to use. The blade that comes in the package is already pretty fine, however, sharpening it even more will increases positive results. The best feature about the knife (apart from the blade) is the grip; the grip is very comfortable and makes handling so much smoother. It even comes with a free holster!
- Handle has textured rubber grip
- Locks in place
- Easy to use
- Ballistic nylon sheath
- High carbon stainless steel blade
- Does not have any teeth for cutting wood easily
The Gerber Profile knife is very easy to use no matter what the job. I would recommend it as a great working tool. It is great for the tough jobs that you don't want to use your most expensive prized knife on while hiking.
- Amazing Grip: The grip on the Profile is amazing. The textured rubber grip makes it so that handling is very easy and comfortable.
- Finger rest: Next to the blade on the handle is a slight depression in the grip perfect for the placement of one's index finger. This 'finger rest' makes cutting safer and allows the thumb to guide the blade for a cleaner cut.
- Blade Design: Over all, the blade is designed so that the top is thick and it gradually thins out until the edge is met. This design makes the blade strong and durable.
- Sheath: With my Profile I was able to get a free Nylon sheath in addition to the knife. It is a nice addition to the Profile.
Construction & Durability:
In general the knife is very well made. The blade itself is made out of 'high carbon stainless steel' with 'titanium nitride coating' which is used for corrosion resistance. The handle is textured rubber making handling and ease of use extremely easy.
I have been using the knife for about 4 months now for all my tough jobs that beat up other knives. After something that really beats the Profile up I sharpen it and afterward it might as well be brand new.
Where to Buy
The Gerber Profile Fine Edge Drop Point is not available from the stores we monitor.
You may want to check pricing and availability directly at these Gerber retailers:
You may be able to find it new or used at one of these sites:
Retailers: Do you sell this product? List your site here.
Here's what other sites are saying:
The Contrast's dual G-10/stainless steel handle available in full fine edge or serrated edge unites show-stopping style and high performance in a unique every day clip folder. Open frame lock design, dual thumb studs, pocket clip. Blade length: 3.0". Open length: 7.1". Closed length: 4.3". Weight: 3.7 oz. Limited lifetime warranty.
- Altrec Outdoors
This year, we bring you the Profile Knife, a knife built for comfort and durability for heavy usage. This knife features a non-slip rubber handles to ensure you have a good grip even in wet environments. The Profile has a titanium coated 4' blade and comes with a sturdy nylon sheath.
- Ramsey Outdoor