GoLite Cave 1 Shelter

This is a two-part review because I have not had the…

Source: bought it used

Summary

This is a two-part review because I have not had the tarp in the field yet. I guess i'm late to the dance on this review,

Pros

• Light easy setup
  • Lots of room

Cons

• Will change the black line that came with it

The first Golite gear was a game changer for me, the first lite gear i could afford. My Golite Breeze cost 75 new. The Cave tarp was a little higher in price so i bought an 8 x 10 sil tarp instead and it worked fine but in the back of my mind i always wanted a cave.

I read a few reviews on the cave over the years, mostly positive but hard to set up without practice. you don't see much about the cave now, Golite quit making it and there are new products that are getting a lot of buzzz like the trailstar and cuben tarps.

About 2 weeks ago i was looking at gear on ebay and picked up a used cave for 60 bucks in good shape. it took me under 5 minutes to put it up the first time. It has more usable room than my 8 x 10 sil tarp  because of the breaks in the front and back [flaps that fold down under tension]. It already has 2 loops to hang my bug net so i don't have to run a line or sew loops for that. So far so good, will finish after my Smokies trip.

If you've owned or used a GoLite Cave 1 Shelter, please share your experience.

GoLite Cave 1 Shelter

The Cave 1 Shelter has been discontinued.

The GoLite Cave 1 Shelter is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 2, 2006 at Moosejaw.

If you're looking for a new tarp/shelter, check out the best reviewed current models.