GoLite Shangri-La 1

This is an awesome minimalist shelter. At just over…

This is an awesome minimalist shelter. At just over a pound, very compact, waterproof, and versatile, I don't think I could be more satisfied in my purchase.

On my most recent trip with this shelter, I had to set up in the dark. The first setup takes a while to get it right, but once you get the hang of it it's easy. I was being hounded by mosquitoes and was tired but was still able to set up the fly and the nest in about 4 minutes. It is very roomy for a solo shelter. Two people could lay inside the nest (just to give you an idea of how wide it is).

Here is a picture of the tent and nest attached on the outside of my Osprey Talon 22L pack (tent in green bag, nest in yellow)

Here are a few more of the tent the night after I pitched in the dark. As you can see it was very easy to pitch it taught.

shangri-la1-1.jpg

shangri-la1-3.jpg

shangri-la1-2.jpg    shangri-la1-4.jpg

If you've owned or used a GoLite Shangri-La 1, please share your experience.

GoLite Shangri-La 1

The GoLite Shangri-La 1 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen July 30, 2013 at CampSaver.com.

If you're looking for a new tarp/shelter, check out the best reviewed current models.