Gossamer Gear SpinnShelter

I have been using my SpinnShelter for about two years…

Design: Three-season sub-alpine ultralight tarp.
Ease of Setup: Anyone familiar with a tarp will find it simple.
Weight: nine ounces

I have been using my SpinnShelter for about two years with great success in widely varying conditions from the Smoky Mountains to the Rockies. Nothing I have been able to find compares to the weight/performance ratio of this shelter.

Weighing 9 ounces dry and being compactable to the size of a grapefruit makes this the F-1 Ferrari of one-person tarp shelters. The material it's made from is unbelievably lightweight non-stretch sail fabric which surpasses SilNylon in that it does not sag and is much lighter. It's easy to pitch with poles or between two trees and adjustment is simple.

Being a tarp makes it extremely versatile so that you can either set it up for full coverage like the picture here or open it up for ventilation on any side.

I am a very satisfied customer of Gossamer Gear. They are serious about ultralight backpacking.

Greeting, I have used the SpinnShelter on many backpacking…

Design: three-season tarp
Ease of Setup: farely easy could get difficult in windy conditions
Weight: 11.5 oz.

Greeting,

I have used the SpinnShelter on many backpacking adventures. I believe that it is one of the most advanced designed tarps out there. On nights when the weather (windy conditions) is not so great the full protection tarp shelters perfectly.

I remember on one of my first trips with the tarp everyone around me was amazed at how light it was (only 11.5 oz. with poles). Some even doubted that this would work. But in fact it could easily get lost in my pack. This is a perfect addition to my 5 lbs. and below base weight pack. Also its pitch is set up so that it is fairly easy to achieve a taut set up. This is the perfect way to to enjoy the wilderness.

(since it is a tarp condensation in the shelter is rarely a issue)

If you've owned or used a Gossamer Gear SpinnShelter, please share your experience.

Gossamer Gear SpinnShelter

The Gossamer Gear SpinnShelter is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new tarp/shelter, check out the best reviewed current models.