Grand Trunk Double Parachute Nylon Hammock

It's really lightweight, packs down really small and…

Summary

It's really lightweight, packs down really small and is super comfortable. It is cheaper than comparable hammocks from other companies even though it includes a hanging system. It's a great option for backpacking, hanging up in the backyard, or wherever you want to use it (as long as there are trees of course). Enjoy it, you deserve it.

Pros

• Inexpensive
  • Hanging system included

Cons

• Included ropes are short.

I bought this hammock about 3 weeks ago, while working at a summer camp.  I slept in it nearly every night for 2 of those weeks (some rainy nights included) and can say that it was probably the best night’s rest I’d had all summer.

Starting with what I like about it, it’s cheaper than the ENO double hammock but weighs the same, is just as strong and also includes the suspension system, which is lacking from the ENO.  While the hammock is hung up the attached stuff sack doubles as a storage pocket for whatever you need throughout the night.  I’ve stored my phone, headlamp, flip flops and a book in it at the same time and still had room left over.

The hanging ropes are really nice, other than the fact that they can be too short to fit around larger trees.  They make it easy to set it up at whatever firmness you want.  Just figure out how tight you want it and make a knot, problem solved.  Because of this, setup is really simple.  Again, I only wish the ropes were maybe 2 feet longer each.  They also can make marks in the trees so you may want some webbing or some protection for the trees.

The hammock itself is pretty long, plenty wide, made of a great material and is solidly constructed.  I am about 5’ 6” tall and it is about 10’ 6” long, so it really was no issue for me and I don’t imagine it would be for anyone else.  It has plenty of room for 2 people, though I can’t say that I’ve used it for two people.  I have had two people sit in it, with a combined weight of about 300 pounds and had no issue with the system failing.  There are flaps on the edges of the hammock which can close overtop of you at night to block out light and help protect from bugs. Keep in mind that nothing protects from bugs as well as bug netting.

From my experience sleeping in it, I’ve used it in temperatures down to 50° F degrees.  I used a 25 degree down insulated bag that is over 10 years old and wore a fleece and was comfortable the whole night.  In temperatures below 50° F I would probably add an under quilt to help insulate below the hammock because I could definitely feel heat loss through the bottom of my bag.  Using it in rainy weather requires a tarp overtop because it’s not waterproof but it does offer the advantage over tents of being off the ground so you can stay drier from below.

Overall, I consider the Grand Trunk Double hammock one of the best purchases I’ve made in a long time.  I can’t wait to use it more to see how durable and long lasting it is. But go ahead, buy it.  You know you want to… and you won’t regret it!

This is an easy to set up and even easier to relax…

Source: received it as a sample, freebie, or prize (Grand Trunk Goods)

Summary

This is an easy to set up and even easier to relax in hammock. Like all Grand Trunk products, I was highly impressed!

Pros

• Easy to set up.
  • Fits two people nicely

Cons

• Pricey but well worth it

I absolutely love this hammock. My husband and I fit in our hammock together without feeling like we are going to touch the ground or fall out. The fabric is soft, like synthetic silk. It is thin yet stubbornly tough. I've never had a snag or a seam come loose.

A BIG advantage to Grand Trunk is it comes immediately useable 'as is' out of the box with included ropes and metal carabiners. This is a great AND affordably priced choice for casually tossing into your day pack for a midday break on a long day hike or a car camping weekend. Packs down relatively small in size in its own sewn-on attached drawstring sack.

I am 5'3" and 110 lbs while my husband is 6'0 and 250 lbs and we are totally comfortable stretching out in it.

The Double Parachute Hammock from Grand Trunk is the perfect hammock to meet any of your needs. Whether you are looking for a hammock to setup in your backyard, or one to use while hiking in the mountains the Double Parachute will have you covered in a comfortable manner. The Double Parachute Hammock also comes with a stuff sack and hanging hardware that allows for setup and transportation to be as easy as it is to lay in the Double Parachute Hammock. PRODUCT FEATURES: Material:Nylon Dimensions:10.5 x 6.5 ft Weight:20 oz Weight Capacity:Up to 400 lbs

- Appalachian Outdoors

There are hammocks and then there is the Grand Trunk Parachute Nylon Double Hammock. Grand Trunk's guarantee to you is that once you hang up this hammock you will love it! This double hammock offers the largest portable bed space on the market and only weighs 20 oz. Great by yourself or with that special someone.

- CampSaver.com

The portable Grand Trunk Parachute Nylon Double hammock offers 1 or 2 people a comfortable place to relax and enjoy a nap. Use it in your backyard, at the campsite or on any other outdoor adventures.

Great for backyard and car camping use, the Grand Trunk Single-Person and Two-Person Parachute Nylon Hammocks are extra strong (i.e., they could each support a person, a couple, a person and a dog, a person and two kids, or... well, you get the idea). These hammocks stuff into a sack the size of a softball, so you can easily toss one into the car for a day at the beach or a weekend of camping and fishing.Steel carabiners for hanging ease is strong and reliableHigh Strength Breathable ParchuteNylon silk Free hanging system includes two 10' pieces of 4.5mm climbing rope to hang the hammockHigh Grade Nylon Triple Interlocking StitchingPacks about the size of a softballLightweightBreathable fabric for warm weather comfortEach hammock is rot resistant and resists mildewHammock Storage Pocket built onto the hammock can't be lost and doubles as drink or gear pocket while the hammock is in useQuick drying nylonGreat for backyard or backpackingEasier set up when using the optional Slap StrapsCapacity - 2Dimensions - 6'5" x 10'5"Weight - 20ozWeight Limit - 400lbsImport.

- Campmor

This double-person travel hammock provides you with a comfortable place to rest no matter where you are. Made of top-quality breathable parachute-nylon silk that is mildew and rot resistant and dries quickly. Lightweight and packable in its built-in stuff sack. Triple stitching on all weight-bearing points for added durability. Hanging kit included: two 10' lengths of rope and two carabiners. Imported. Dimensions 10'6" x 6'6". Capacity 400 lb. Weight 1 lb. 4 oz.

- L.L.Bean