This axe has been great for me so far. The durability…

This axe has been great for me so far. The durability seems excellent. I've banged it around on rocks and dirt plenty and other than some scratches it's untouched.

I got mine used and expect to continue using it for along time, but the coating on the pick has come off in places and allows it to rust. This is a purely aesthetic problem but I mention it nonetheless.

I find it easy and comfortable to grip in a variety of ways even with mittens. The pick is nice and long, and has worked well for me to arrest even in softer snow. The adze is a very comfortable size in hand, and digs well.

As climbing gear is getting lighter and lighter I see my buddies carrying slightly lighter axes and am occasionally jealous. This axe isn't exactly a brick, but the Raven Pro and others shave a few ounces.

The weight factor is the only reason I rate it 4/5, but on durability, comfort and function it's a 5 for sure.