I wanted a tool that would take me on the ice and,…

I wanted a tool that would take me on the ice and, later, on rock. The Racing Wings were my best bet. The overall feel is very solid and comfortable. I took a knife and shaved the rubber liners in the handles; they were giving me blisters when used ungloved. The curve of the handle makes the Evolution and Goulotte picks impractical for waterfall use; I learned the hard way. Swinging the Cascade or Mixte is heavenly. Even carrying the hammer and adze is comfortable; the balance is fantastic. I found that I overswing sometimes and that they stay in place very well.

If I had it to do all over again, I would still get the Racing Wings, seconded by the Ta-K-oons (or whatever they're called.) I just like the balance of these axes so much...

I have swung the Simond Anaconda Cups and like them both but realize how aggressive the Racing Wings are. I feel very confident in the placement of these axes where I would only feel good if swinging the Cups very hard.