GSI Outdoors Collapsible Java Drip

1 comment

This is it! If you're looking for a great cup-o-Joe on the trail, this is the product that will do it for you.

• Packs relatively small
  • Quick, easy clean-up
  • Brews coffee just like you get at home

• Might be a bit bulky for minimalists

My wife works in a nice kitchen store, and we've tried all kinds of different devices and gadgets for making coffee in camp. This nifty GSI basket does the job with no muss, no fuss, and easy clean up.

It works on the same principles as a standard automatic drip coffee maker.  Just put a filter and some ground coffee into the basket, pour hot water, and in a few minutes you'll have a great cup of caffeine addiction.  When done, simply toss the filter and grounds, rinse the basket, and collapse it into the holder. Easy!

I used this on a week-long moto camping trip in Death Valley last year.  There were seven of us, and we filled an insulated carafe every morning with fresh, hot coffee in about 10 minutes. It was a crowd pleaser.

I've had this for about a year or so, through 10 camping trips and numerous uses at work, and so far it's holding up very nicely. For $12, you simply cannot go wrong.

Sheila Bergin Goss

Just got one, in time for a few fall canoe camping trips...thanks for your review.

Have you owned or used a GSI Outdoors Collapsible Java Drip? Share your experience »