GSI Outdoors Halulite Ketalist Cookset

The Ketalist cookset is perfect for freezerbag or freezedried cooking. The cookset is a just a tea kettle with a nesting bowl/cup and telescoping spork combo.

I used this kit on a recent trip into the Mendocino National Forest instead of my usual SnowPeak pot/frying pan kit. When most of your cooking is boiling water for freezerbag cooking or
re- hydrating freeze dried meals a tea kettle is the way to go.

The bowl works well as a measuring cup and for eating out of as well, the cup has an insulated removable cozy and a sippy cup lid that snaps firmly into place and works well for shake mixing dehydrated milk or any beverage of choice. The lid on the kettle sits loosely on top so you do need to hold it in place while pouring, some people take issue with this but it really was no big deal for me. I cannot comment on the spork because I didn't take it.

Any tea kettle simplifies pouring scalding water into a container versus a pot but the ergonomics of the handle and pot kept the heat away from my hands and was much appreciated.

This set packs easily in the outer pockets of my pack and will probably become my cookset of choice when I need a lightweight kit.

Have you owned or used a GSI Outdoors Halulite Ketalist Cookset? Share your experience »