GSI Ultralight Java Drip

Great product! I used to use a solid molded, one cup…

Great product! I used to use a solid molded, one cup coffee drip that required a small paper filter.  This thing requires no filter, and I have had no problem attaching it to any of the cups that I've used, and the coffee tastes good.  I've actually used one of the legs as a coffee stir on occasion.  I've also had several other campers "double-take" as they watched my coffee brew in process!

The only negative thing I can say is that it seems to take a bit more grinds to achieve the normal strength coffee that I am used to. Perhaps if the rate at which the water filtered was just a tiny bit slower, it would not require so much grinds. However, with my second cup, I just add onto the first set of grinds (a bit less) and achieve the normal strength, relative to the amount of grinds, that I am used to. Keep in mind, this added amount of grinds also slows the rate of water filtration, so your second cup will take maybe a minute longer.

I've used this thing on multiple trips and it seems pretty durable as well. Clean up is simple enough -toss the grinds and rinse with water.

Bottom line - great lightweight / space saving product!

GSI Ultralight Java Drip. Collapsing design folds nearly flat to nest under a standard fuel canister. Entire assembly weighs less that 1/2 oz. Surdy legs clip to the rim of most mugs to suspend drip cone above brewed coffee, eliminating muddy, bitter, over-brewed coffee. Compatible with starderd #2 or #4 paper filters

- CampSaver.com

There's no reason you should miss out on your coffee fix when you're in the backcountry, and with the Ultralight Java Drip from GSI Outdoors you don't have to. At just around a half of an ounce and able to collapse nearly flat, this compact camp-saving drip has legs that fits most mugs and keeps the cone suspended so you don't end up with muddy coffee.

- Mountain Gear