GSI Ultralight Java Drip

Great product! I used to use a solid molded, one cup…

Great product! I used to use a solid molded, one cup coffee drip that required a small paper filter.  This thing requires no filter, and I have had no problem attaching it to any of the cups that I've used, and the coffee tastes good.  I've actually used one of the legs as a coffee stir on occasion.  I've also had several other campers "double-take" as they watched my coffee brew in process!

The only negative thing I can say is that it seems to take a bit more grinds to achieve the normal strength coffee that I am used to. Perhaps if the rate at which the water filtered was just a tiny bit slower, it would not require so much grinds. However, with my second cup, I just add onto the first set of grinds (a bit less) and achieve the normal strength, relative to the amount of grinds, that I am used to. Keep in mind, this added amount of grinds also slows the rate of water filtration, so your second cup will take maybe a minute longer.

I've used this thing on multiple trips and it seems pretty durable as well. Clean up is simple enough -toss the grinds and rinse with water.

Bottom line - great lightweight / space saving product!