Helly Hansen Equipe Jacket

I have used many a jacket over the last years, but…

Fabric: helly tech super durable anti rip nylon
Fill: thinsulate
Price Paid: 3200 danish krone

I have used many a jacket over the last years, but I am more than satisfied with the durability of this particular jacket. It has a Thinsulate lining, which gives enough warmth. I have been using it when snowboarding during evenings in Norway... I asure you that it is cold in the evening, but I was warm enough. Excellent ventilation; under the arms, on the front and even on the back. It is heavy indeed though! But the strength and durability of the material... wauw!

Only minus point: why does it have to be white? I do not mind dirt, but this white jacket looks nasty after a few days of hiking and/or snowboarding.

Highly recommendable (better then Gore-Tex maybe...). Find it in another colour if possible.

This jacket has Gore-Tex type fabric that breathes…

Fabric: Helly Tech Extreme
Fill: Shell (lined is available)

This jacket has Gore-Tex type fabric that breathes and is fully waterproof. It has the best ventilation system I have ever come across and the hood is storm proof.

I have previously had Columbia jackets and other Gore-Tex but this jacket is far better. It is very durable and functional. The only draw back would be it is a bit on the heavy side, however due to the protection and cut this can often mean you need fewer layers in extreme conditions.

I have found it excellent for both hiking and skiing.

Helly Hansen Equipe Jacket

The Equipe Jacket has been discontinued.

The Helly Hansen Equipe Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new waterproof jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.

Granite Gear Air Zippditty Review