Helly Hansen Equipe Jacket

I have used many a jacket over the last years, but…

Fabric: helly tech super durable anti rip nylon
Fill: thinsulate
Price Paid: 3200 danish krone

I have used many a jacket over the last years, but I am more than satisfied with the durability of this particular jacket. It has a Thinsulate lining, which gives enough warmth. I have been using it when snowboarding during evenings in Norway... I asure you that it is cold in the evening, but I was warm enough. Excellent ventilation; under the arms, on the front and even on the back. It is heavy indeed though! But the strength and durability of the material... wauw!

Only minus point: why does it have to be white? I do not mind dirt, but this white jacket looks nasty after a few days of hiking and/or snowboarding.

Highly recommendable (better then Gore-Tex maybe...). Find it in another colour if possible.

This jacket has Gore-Tex type fabric that breathes…

Fabric: Helly Tech Extreme
Fill: Shell (lined is available)

This jacket has Gore-Tex type fabric that breathes and is fully waterproof. It has the best ventilation system I have ever come across and the hood is storm proof.

I have previously had Columbia jackets and other Gore-Tex but this jacket is far better. It is very durable and functional. The only draw back would be it is a bit on the heavy side, however due to the protection and cut this can often mean you need fewer layers in extreme conditions.

I have found it excellent for both hiking and skiing.