Helly Hansen Trail Cutter

I couldn't believe it when I found these puppies on…

Materials: LIFA Versa soft mesh, EVA
Use: rugged terrain jogging and/or everyday use
Break-in Period: minimal
Weight: roughly 6-8 ounces per shoe

I couldn't believe it when I found these puppies on Amazon for 22.50, but I quickly snagged a pair. I've worn them pretty regularly for the last month or so, and I have to say this ranks as one of my best purchases ever.

The design is exceptionally sleek, reflective, and eye-catching, while the treads are knobby and sure-footed without being bulky. They're comfortable, lightweight, and wonderfully unique. I don't intend to do any "trail running" with these, but they make a great casual sneaker and are well-suited for the gym.

My only warning is that you should probably try them on before purchasing if you overpronate - they're not particularly compensating.

What a shoe, I have had to buy two pairs, one pair…

Materials: Lifa, EVA mid sole
Use: Trail and when I can a bit of Fell.
Break-in Period: 0
Weight: V.Light
Price Paid: £50

What a shoe, I have had to buy two pairs, one pair for tearing it up on the trails (great lugs) and the other for a fashion shoe.

One big comment on the performance is the speed at which the upper dries out, I guess this is down to the Lifa fabric we all know and love and let's face it, you're gonna get wet one way or the other whether it's mother nature or just damn hard work.

Great shoe, great fit, great looks and a great price.

CLOSEOUTS . Helly Hanson's Trail Cutter light hiking shoes are designed for hiking on gravel, grass and uneven terrain, but is also versatile enough for life inside the city limits. LIFA(R) soft-mesh upper Helly Wear protective overlays Foam-padded bellows tongue Removable EVA foam-padded insole EVA midsole Rubber outsole Weight: 1 lb. 4 oz. pr. Medium width Made in Vietnam Women order 1 size smaller Visit our Shoe Sizing Guide Available Colors: BLACK/BLACK. Sizes: 4, 4.5, 6, 6.5, 7, 7.5, 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5, 10, 10.5, 11, 11.5, 12, 13, 5, 5.5.

- Sierra Trading Post refers to the unisex version

Helly Hansen Trail Cutter

The Trail Cutter has been discontinued.

The Helly Hansen Trail Cutter is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen July 28, 2012 at Sierra Trading Post.