Honey Stinger Stinger Waffle

Great light snack/energy bar. Out of all the name…

Summary

Great light snack/energy bar.

Pros

• taste great
  • taste real

Cons

• small
  • expensive

Out of all the name brand energy bars I've tried, these are hands down some of the best tasting. I bought a ton of them on steepandcheap for a decent price, about a dollar a waffle, and they're a decent value for that price.

In energy bars, I would think that the main goal is energy, i.e. calories from complex carbs, and Clif, Luna, PowerBar all adhere to that. These are a little different. They taste great, close on the list to cookies. However, they are small, and have 160 calories, compared to about 240 in a Clif bar. That's 50% more calories for about the same price, and Clif bars at least give the illusion of more food, which can add to the psychological factor of feeling more full. I would feel comfortable eating a Clif bar as a small meal substitute, but these waffles, more of just a snack.

All in all, they taste great, the best bars for sure, I would eat them again. However, for the price (about $1 a piece ON SALE, more if full price), they don't offer the calories that I want from an energy bar.

The packaging is nice, easy to get into, and the bars don't stick to the inside, which is a gross factor of PowerBar and Clif Bar sometimes.

On a weekend trip a friend threw over a Honey Stinger…

On a weekend trip a friend threw over a Honey Stinger Waffle while he was preparing his breakfast. Skeptically I looked it over. I am not a big breakfast eater, something about facing another day makes me feel ill. But knowing some of the people involved with Honey Stinger I thought I would give it a try.

Well that package resisted being opened. I fought back but not too hard because a slight bourbon hangover was beginning to make its presence known. Finally without the aid of a potentially dangerous sharp implement I wrestled it open. Golden brown waffle looking I took a bite.

Now I thought that any energy type backpacking prepackaged food was supposed to taste like cr*p and I was fully prepared to send the little bugger out faster than it went in but it tasted very very good. In fact I loved it. I am hooked. Can you say STROOP WAFFLE! Those are the Dutch treats this organic piece of goodness is modeled after.

Packing 160 calories and tasting very very good I highly reccomend these to anyone. Even my 13 year old daughter likes them. Honey Stinger has nailed it.

So if Clif Bars taste like saw dust and Power Bars taste like something I can't write here, Honey Stinger Waffles are the answer. Just be ready to cut the packaging to get it open.

If you've owned or used a Honey Stinger Stinger Waffle, please share your experience.