Jetboil Hanging Kit

Since its introduction, the Jetboil Personal Cooking System (PCS) has been a favorite among mountaineers and big wall climbers. The introduction of the Jetboil Hanging Kit is likely to enhance that reputation, providing an easy and secure way to use either the Jetboil PCS or GCS in a hanging configuration.

Three aluminum bars, hung by cables from a central anchor point, attach securely to the Jetboil PCS or Group Cooking System (GCS) burner, providing a stable hanging base that allows for quick and easy attachment and removal of pots and pans. The Hanging Kit is compatible with the Jetboil PCS, GCS, and Fry Pan.

2011
Weight 1.9 oz / 55 g
Length 7.1 in / 180 mm (packed)

No more balancing acts. It's nice to be able to hang…

Summary

No more balancing acts.

Pros

• Keeps the stove out of the way
  • Just need a place to hang
  • Long enough

Cons

• Price

It's nice to be able to hang the stove and not worry about it getting knocked over. I guess you just have to worry about bumping into it.

I camp in a lot of areas that are very rocky and not level. This helps a lot.

You can cook, stir, pour and even eat out of the cup while its suspended.

Durable materials and a compact pack size. I keep mine in the packaging it came in.

I find it a big expensive for what it is (like most Jetboil accessories), but it's worth having it.

I would guess that the wire is about 18" long or so.

Pictured is my Jetboil PCS hanging from the center grommet of a rain tarp.

jetboil-hanging.jpg

Interesting. I recently had a situation where my catfood can stove & morning coffee were about to dump. I had to finish the boil using my multitool to hold the pot in place.

KiwiKlimber

I like the idea of this product but not sure if it would be worth the cost for me. Just wondering if you think this could be made with repurposed materials? It looks like hardly anything more than some wire, a few metal rods and a hook for hanging.

Bkuti

If you do a search, you can find ways that people have made a version of this to use with their Jetboil. The price is steep for what it is, but I do like having it. It was a case of either pay something like $12 for shipping or spend $20 more for free shipping. I'm always a sucker for that and got something worth using.