Keen Voyageur Mid

A lightweight, comfortable hiker, Keen Voyageurs are…

Summary

A lightweight, comfortable hiker, Keen Voyageurs are great for multi-day backpacking and day hikes on all terrain. The tread is fine for steep grades and wet rock. I only wish they wore out a little less quickly — I'd love to have a boot last five years, but maybe that's just wishful thinking!

Pros

• Breath well
  • Good fit for those with wide toes and narrow heels

Cons

• Don't expect them to keep water out — low vents let in shallow puddles.
  • Heel rim wears out quickly

My Keen Voyageurs have served me well for four years. I love that the toe box is exceptionally roomy and yet the lacing systems locks my mid-foot and heel in securely. The boots are also light and breath well with the many side vents.

With years of fairly regular use the soles will break down, with the black outer sole starting to come off in chunks and the grey inner sole scraping off. I also noticed that the boot rim at the heel wore out relatively quickly.

Overall they are decent boots, to be worn into the ground — don't expect them to last forever.

Thanks for sharing your hiking boot review, Becky. Welcome to Trailspace!

1 month ago
dirtwheels

I have almost bought Keens several times, thanks of the review. Wearing boots out is a good thing, keep rolling off the miles.

1 month ago

rated 4.00 of 5 stars All Voyageur Mid versions

In addition to the 1 women's review above, there are 4 reviews for other versions of the Voyageur Mid. Read all reviews »