Keen Voyageur Mid

A lightweight, comfortable hiker, Keen Voyageurs are…

Summary

A lightweight, comfortable hiker, Keen Voyageurs are great for multi-day backpacking and day hikes on all terrain. The tread is fine for steep grades and wet rock. I only wish they wore out a little less quickly — I'd love to have a boot last five years, but maybe that's just wishful thinking!

Pros

• Breath well
  • Good fit for those with wide toes and narrow heels

Cons

• Don't expect them to keep water out — low vents let in shallow puddles.
  • Heel rim wears out quickly

My Keen Voyageurs have served me well for four years. I love that the toe box is exceptionally roomy and yet the lacing systems locks my mid-foot and heel in securely. The boots are also light and breath well with the many side vents.

With years of fairly regular use the soles will break down, with the black outer sole starting to come off in chunks and the grey inner sole scraping off. I also noticed that the boot rim at the heel wore out relatively quickly.

Overall they are decent boots, to be worn into the ground — don't expect them to last forever.

Thanks for sharing your hiking boot review, Becky. Welcome to Trailspace!

dirtwheels

I have almost bought Keens several times, thanks of the review. Wearing boots out is a good thing, keep rolling off the miles.

I have worn these hiking boots for three years, last…

Source: bought it used

Summary

I have worn these hiking boots for three years, last me long time. Comfortable waterproof, light, easy to hiking. I still loved these hiking boots. It was worth the money, expensive yes! Till 3 years worn out!

Pros

• Very waterproof
  • Feels cool inside all the time

Cons

• 3 years later sole worn out

Excellent hiking boots and had worn them for three years and now worn out, can't use it anymore. I will definitely buy similar product again. It fits me so comfortably, cool inside, dry very quickly, no pressure or chaffing at all.

When I'm hiking in my boots I can feel the sole underneath me that gives me comfort to balance along the rocks, hills, so forth not even bend my ankle at all.

I did put my hiking boots In the creek water to soak it wet. No water comes in my boots! Wow it feels so cool after I step on the creek. Then it dries fast!

Loved these boots, still miss it!

rated 4.00 of 5 stars All Voyageur Mid versions

In addition to the 2 women's reviews above, there are 4 reviews for other versions of the Voyageur Mid. Read all reviews »