Kelty Alpine Pad

Size Regular
Shape Rectangular
Packed Length 22 in / 56 cm
Packed Diameter 7 in / 18 cm

It's just okay. If used for a basecamp pad or for…

It's just okay.

• Very warm
  • Dual pad

• Bulky
  • Heavy
  • Difficult to fit back into stuff sack
  • Durability issues with stuff sack

If used for a basecamp pad or for car campers, this would be a great pad. It is comfortable, warm, and is a closed-cell pad with an additional self inflating pad on top. However, if, like me, you want a pad for backpacking you would be better off getting the Therm-a-Rest as this pack is large, bulky and heavy (at over 2 lbs!)

I also had problems fitting back into the stuff sack every time I used it and had an even harder time getting into a rainproof stuff sack. I actually had a harder time getting it out of the two stuff sacks and had some durability issue with said Kelty stuff sack. However I will concede that this might have been related to how rough I was being attempting to get the pad into and back out of the sack.

As I said, warm and very comfortable. The self inflating device works well. This is the only non 4-5 star review I have ever given to a Kelty product and will continue to buy Kelty.

Kelty Alpine Pad

The Kelty Alpine Pad is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen April 15, 2015 at Outdoorplay.

If you're looking for a new self-inflating sleeping pad, check out the best reviewed current models.