Kelty Apex

I used this first as a college book bag and after…

Design: front loading
Size: 2,000 cubic inches
Number of Pockets: 1
Max. Load Carried: 25 lbs
Height of Owner: 5'50"

I used this first as a college book bag and after year the left shoulder strap started to rip but I kept using it as a daypack after that and I have had no problems. I can fit everything I need in it for a day. The water bottle holders are great. I don't really know what the front zipper pocket thing is for because it isn't big enough to fit anything into it. The waist belt folds back into the pack, which is nice. I have put about 20-25 lbs in it and the waist belt and shoulder straps gave me enough support.

A great daypack for trail hiking or hauling books around campus—roomy and full of organizational features! Adjustable, air mesh shoulder straps for comfortable carrying; sternum strap adds stability and helps distribute weight. Compression straps cinch down loads and help prevent jostling; daisy chain lets you attach extra gear. Delrin® rod frame keeps loads from sagging without adding a lot of extra weight. Hydration pocket with tube port lets you hydrate on the go (reservoir sold separately). Features ice axe loops, shovel pouch, top carry handle, zippered stash pocket and stowable waistbelt. Special buy.

Kelty Apex Backpack is perfect for a day hikes or going to school.

Kelty Apex

The Apex has been discontinued.

The Kelty Apex is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 3, 2007 at REI.

If you're looking for a new daypack (under 2,000 cu in), check out the best reviewed current models.