Kelty Arrowhead 2000

I have owned this pack for about 3 years and have…

Design: Top Loading
Size: 2000 cu in
Number of Pockets: 2-side & 1-front w/ hydration pocket inside
Max. Load Carried: 35 pounds
Height of Owner: 6'

I have owned this pack for about 3 years and have used it on over 70 day hikes and overnight trips in Arizona and northern Mexico. Among other things, my work involves conducting environmental studies in remote, rugged, and undeveloped areas. The Kelty Arrowhead 2000 is my "go to" pack for day use and/or the occasional one or two nights out.

The 2000 cu in capacity is somewhat limiting for extended use. But, if I pack light (always a challenge)the Arrowhead 2000 does an adequate job of hauling my day use, overnight gear, and a limited amount of technical field instruments. I use a hammock as my sleep system which provides both weight and space advantages in my pack.

I would rate the Kelty Arrowhead 2000 as a very tough pack. It has a very good array of pockets, loops, and straps. Unfortunately, it is too short for my torso. So I have removed the waist belt and only use the shoulder straps to bear the load.

I would recommend this pack to others.

Kelty Arrowhead 2000

The Arrowhead 2000 has been discontinued.

The Kelty Arrowhead 2000 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 13, 2006 at Sierra Trading Post.

If you're looking for a new hydration pack, check out the best reviewed current models.