Kelty Arrowhead 2000

I have owned this pack for about 3 years and have…

Design: Top Loading
Size: 2000 cu in
Number of Pockets: 2-side & 1-front w/ hydration pocket inside
Max. Load Carried: 35 pounds
Height of Owner: 6'

I have owned this pack for about 3 years and have used it on over 70 day hikes and overnight trips in Arizona and northern Mexico. Among other things, my work involves conducting environmental studies in remote, rugged, and undeveloped areas. The Kelty Arrowhead 2000 is my "go to" pack for day use and/or the occasional one or two nights out.

The 2000 cu in capacity is somewhat limiting for extended use. But, if I pack light (always a challenge)the Arrowhead 2000 does an adequate job of hauling my day use, overnight gear, and a limited amount of technical field instruments. I use a hammock as my sleep system which provides both weight and space advantages in my pack.

I would rate the Kelty Arrowhead 2000 as a very tough pack. It has a very good array of pockets, loops, and straps. Unfortunately, it is too short for my torso. So I have removed the waist belt and only use the shoulder straps to bear the load.

I would recommend this pack to others.

CLOSEOUTS . Leave those cumbersome water bottles at home when you pack for a day trip in this rugged three-liter hydration backpack from Kelty . Front panel access Zippered side pockets Large front pocket with organization Adjustable length shoulder straps Pull-out high-visibility raincover Fit torsos: 16-22 Size(L/W/D): 22x18x11 Capacity: 2000 cu.in. Weight: 4 lb. 6 oz. Fabric: Nylon CLOSEOUTS . Philippines.

- Sierra Trading Post

New from Kelty, this light and fast hydration daypack stores all the essentials for a full winter day in the backcountry. Panel-loading main compartment with a fleece goggle pocket and multiple storage compartments keep everything organized. Oversized shovel pocket, daisy chain and ice axe loop allow for carrying of winter, bulky gear. Included 3-liter Taste-Free™ hydration system has anti-microbial treatment plus locking Bite-Me™ Valve and 360° swivel drink tube port. Fully adjustable, padded shoulder straps with adjustable sternum strap and a padded, waistbelt keep load secure and comfortable. Padded, molded backpanel with breathable BROCK Foam™ with a Delrin Arch support for structure and load transfer. Side compression straps secure contents of shovel pocket and pack adding stability on the trail or when carrying a heavy load. Made of abrasion-resistant Kodra® nylon, tough and durable to withstand the trail. Built-in rain cover offers waterproof protection, easily stowing in pack pocket. Recommended sizing for torso length is 16 - 21 inches.

Kelty Arrowhead 2000

The Arrowhead 2000 has been discontinued.

The Kelty Arrowhead 2000 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 13, 2006 at Sierra Trading Post.

If you're looking for a new hydration pack, check out the best reviewed current models.